What Equipment is Needed for Bowling?
Bowling Equipment in India
Bowling has slowly grown into one of the most popular sports in the world. If you have never heard the term before, ‘bowling’ is one sports activity where the players have to create the maximum score by rolling the ball on a flat surface and knocking down the objects that are called pins.
You will find that bowling games are played in different forms, however, the most commonly played and the one that is popular in almost all the countries is ‘Ten Pin Bowling’.
Ten-pin bowling is also considered the official form of bowling where ten-pins are properly set up at the end of a 60-foot lane.
These ten pins are knocked down by a ball that is made up of polyester or polyurethane. In a bowling game, you will mostly see two players competing against each other in three sets where each set has ten rounds.
Players playing ten-pin bowling generally use a 16-pound, 8.5-inch diameter ball to knock down the 10 means that are standing at the end of the bowling lane.
Bowling was considered equivalent to other popular leisure sports in India such as golf or tennis. However, it has been slowly grown into a sports activity where you need several equipment just like any other game. To play the game properly, you will need all the equipment in good condition.
All About the Bowling Equipment:
Before you get to know about the bowling equipment that is required for the game, know that the equipment is inexpensive and can be easily afforded by players or if you don't want to spend on the entire set up, you can join any bowling center.
But in order to get the latest ones and the strongest ones, you may need to spend a good amount of money. So if you have just started your bowling journey, you can get the equipment from the bowling center on rent.
Here are the required Bowling Equipment in India:
- A round ball either made of rubber, urethane, plastic or a combination of all of these materials.
- Also, the balls have three drilled holes in them to make it easy for you to hold the ball by putting a ring finger, middle finger, and the thumb in the three holes.
- Bowling bags to carry and secure the bowling balls.
- Other Bowling accessories that are required are- Non-slip grip cream, ball maintenance tools, grip sacks, hand, and wrist grip supports, bowling ball cleaning equipment and supplies and towels, and gloves.
- Bowling shoes are sort of narrow shoes and have a very smooth sole.
- Usually, the bowling game takes place in air-conditioned bowling centers hence you can wear casual attire.
Different bowling center operators have different equipment for the game as their priority is the bowling alleys. The reason is a bowling alley has different parts that ask for time to time repairs and maintenance.
Here are the equipment required for Bowling Lanes in India:
- Bowling Lane- it is a long plane where the player rolls the ball towards the pin. To create the lane, long wooden boards are combined together to create a 75-foot long and 3.5-foot wide lane. The bowling lane is smooth and also needs regular maintenance in the form of cleaning and polishing.
- Bowling Machine- it is a device that is used to place and rearrange the pins once they are knocked down by the players.
- Bowling ball retriever- It is a device that retrieves the ball after the player makes a shot, and gives it back to the player on the other end of the Bowling alley.
- Players' area- There is a ball-sorting mechanism along with a hand blow dryer placed at the bowling ball sorter. Moreover, a display monitor shows the game points of each player. The players also get extra bowling balls placed in a rack beside their seats.
If you are interested in getting the bowling equipment, Bowling Alley Setup Cost in India is expected to be somewhere around Rs 12 Lakh/lane.